• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jamesss

is it Possible to make a matrix illusion in 2d scene?

This topic is 3725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am currently developing a topdown Platform 2d flight game. i want to put a 2d cokpit.which you will feel sitting in a cockpit, and background clouds texture will move towards to screen - camera or whatever you call it. Can i make this illusion with Texture Matrix? i can think that in 3d but in 2d its sounds a bit strange.

Advertisement
Hi,

Of course this can be done, it's how all previous flight games were made before stepping into three dimensions.
The illusion of perspective is nothing more than things getting smaller the further away the are. This could easily be achieved with the texture matrix.

Two things confuse me thou - you say top-down flight game, yet you want a 2d cockpit with clouds moving towards the screen? Are they different game-modes or am I missing something?

Cheers!

/Robert

hi Rasmadrak,you are right to be confused, actually its topdown
scrolling flight game,i just wanted to put an interesting something
to gamedependentthe subject in somepart of gameplaying the player
will find itshelf in a 2dvirtual cocpit with a realistic cokpit
sound and hud:=)i have did this andit seems fun.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!