• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
WitchHouse

Bitter Legacy: a multiplayer dungeon crawling game

This topic is 3604 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://users.telenet.be/bitterlegacy/ What's the game about? It's going to be a multiplayer dungeon crawling game with lots of typical mmorpg-features. Here's a list of things I want to include in the first release (1.0) -Players can logon and start playing with one character per account -First person view, look down and see your legs -Random dungeon system -Skysphere (maybe day/night cycle) -Small open terrain on top of the dungeon surrounded by a sea of fog -Render dungeonpieces when needed to increase performance -Some beasts roaming dungeons and open terrain -3 playable humanoid races -Lots of npcs for each race -Random quest system -Realtime combat system (you can also knock someone unconscious and then carry him until he wakes up) -Crime detection for guards and realtime stealth -Animation based on keyframes -Chests, barrels, bags with randomly generated loot -Inventory system -Chat system (yell, say, whisper) -Climbable procedurally generated trees -Climbable ladders -Static torches/campfires -Vegetation (to gather ingredients) -Automatic updates (no patching, no different client versions) -Monitoring tool (players online, blocking IPs, stats...) -Synchronized saving of player stats -Random name generator -Skills increase the more you use them, skills go down when you are in jail and when the playercharacter reaches a certain age -Cooking -Brewing/potion making -Rituals -Making weapons -Making clothes -Books -All new playercharacters start with random stats but the total will be equal for each character -Players cannot view their stats, they will learn their strengths and weaknesses the hard way -You can visit a visionary to access your stats and to know the power of magic items you find -If you die, you will only resurrect if you recently prayed to your races' god -PVP is allowed but the consequences are harsh for the initiator -You can become the leader of a region if lots of people vote for you -The leader of a region can choose the punishment for different felonies commited there -Mimimal soundeffects As you can see this game is going to be slightly different from the rest of the mmorpg's out there. It's an experiment and I really hope you will check it out when it's finished. I will try and update the website weekly. There will be screenshots, lists of implemented features, changes of the plan... I will try to keep my personal life out of it ;) I'm planning a first release around Christmas this year. You will be able to download it for free and play it for free. Cheers, WitchHouse

Advertisement
mmmmmmmkay,

do you have an army of developers or going at it on your own?

i might would play it if you ever get it complete.
so best of luck to you.

I realise the timing is bit strange. Actually the goal is to launch the game within 4 months with only very basic features included. The rest will be implemented at later stages. There probably won't be any gameplay in this early version.

I'm the only developer at the moment.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!