• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rioghasarig

C++ to C#

This topic is 3611 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, I downloaded Microsoft's XNA Game Studio but it apparently only works with Visual C#. I've only read on how to program in C++ and wanted to know if it's all that different? Should I need to look up tutorials before I start something?

Advertisement
C# looks a lot like C++, but there is some syntax differences that will catch you off guard, and things work a bit differently. There is an e-book that is written for people to transition to C# from C++.

http://www.charlespetzold.com/dotnet/

This free on-line 267-page book is an introduction to C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework for programmers who have experience with C or C++.

Thanks. When I opened new project on Visual C# most everything seemed foreign to me. Reading the book makes it make more sense though. :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!