Sign in to follow this  

Free books.

This topic is 3453 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Like the title sais. Are there any "free" books i could download on game development."starter books" Just for some light reading. I've searched all over google can't find anything good. So yeah... Are they're any free book i could get C++, basic, And especialy in flash! lol since i just realized i had flash CS3 pro and it seems reely fun to use! So yeah.......................... thanks alot. Hope I'm not to much of a burdon. And yes I can't spell but im 14 and go to french school not english.

Few books are available freely, and legally, from the net. You can have a look at WikiBooks, which are open-content books on a variety of subjects or you can search on Google Books, on which you can usually read 50% to 75% of the book without buying it (I'm amazed every time). You can also try on amazon, where you can sometime read part of a book freely. Finally, although those aren't "books", there are a lot of tutorials out there on the internet.

But really, if you want books, why not buy some?

EDIT: Salut le montréalais!

Thinking In C++ is free, there is a DotNet 0 book that is free for people looking to transition to C# from C++. ShaderX2 was just put out for free.

The internet is full of random stuff to read, does it have to be a cover to cover book? I've learned more than 90% of what I know from reading random tidbits here and there. Look for blogs, sites where people publish tutorials or article series.

Sign in to follow this