• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JorenJoestar

First Hydra Demo!

This topic is 3651 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, finally the first demo of my game-engine is available! You can found all the informations here: http://www.badfoolprototype.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=1 I'm very happy about this release, even if it doesn't show off some other effects and functionalities of Hydra! Soon I'll release the source code, let me solve some server problem first! I wanna thank you everybody here at GDNet...three months of nightly development and many things learned, this is great! Someone says that this can be my passport to became a game programmer...cross your fingers! So let me know any bugs/problems (there will be problems, I have a GeForce 8600 and tried only on other GeForce)! Gabriel Sassone

Advertisement
Couldn't get it to work on my pc. It said that the application could not be started because the application configuration was incorrect.

Am I missing any dll's or something?

I got Windows XP multimedia edition 2003
Intel Pentium 4 3,4 GHz, 2,000 gb RAM
ATI Radeon X700 SE

Edit: Ah now I get it, I didn't have the physX runtime installed...

Hi guys!

I would like to know what do you think about this little demo, if it works, the FPS (it's pretty heavy with all the relief map with soft shadows on :P )...

Thank you!

Gabriel Sassone

Here again!
I'm working on AI/Logic system, and found room for improvement of the general design.
After inserting a simple crate moved by a Lua script, I've decided to make a small video
to let you see what happens inside the demo!

http://www.badfoolprototype.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44&Itemid=1

This is the youtube link:

The demo is the same but I've added the base of the AI system...

More stuff soon!

Gabriel Sassone

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!