How to Write a Photoshop Exporter?

Started by
13 comments, last by jpetrie 15 years, 8 months ago
Quote:Original post by Moonshoe
Maybe this'll help.

I need up to 256 slices and I'm NOT making 256 files for one texture. I didn't ask how to load a texture I asked how to write a photoshop plugin!
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight club
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by EmptyVoid
I need up to 256 slices and I'm NOT making 256 files for one texture. I didn't ask how to load a texture I asked how to write a photoshop plugin!

Also not meaning an exporter plug-in, I still hint at importing a standard PS file. It provides you with named layers, so you can use a defined layer layout especially for your purposes. E.g. if the importer expects to get a cube map it requires the PS file to provide 6 layers in a defined order; if it expects a stacked 3D map it requires the PS file to provide 2 or more layers, and so on. You can also interpret the layer names for such purposes. I once used the layers for different states of sprite animations. Of course, you got 2 files then: The "original" PS file and the own compiled texture file.
Did you try to do you own research? You can find the Adobe SDK with a few clicks on their website (you'll need to register), and Google includes links and references to it in nearly every sane-sounding search query for Photoshop plugin development.

Get the Photoshop SDK. It probably comes with a few examples, and there is documentation available.

Also, don't bump your posts the way you have been.
Quote:Original post by jpetrie
Did you try to do you own research? You can find the Adobe SDK with a few clicks on their website (you'll need to register), and Google includes links and references to it in nearly every sane-sounding search query for Photoshop plugin development.

Get the Photoshop SDK. It probably comes with a few examples, and there is documentation available.

Also, don't bump your posts the way you have been.

Stupid site I went to told me I had to be a member with some type of club. Then I typed SDK in to the search on the adobe web site and it found nothing so I just figured I had to pay.

Well I submitted a request for the SDK and it said it will be 4 days before they get back to me...

Edit: Must have been a fake site because now when I search it works fine...
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight club
It was much easier to find it by trying to navigate directly. Their search sucks; use Google for that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement