The basics of networking with system.net

Started by
0 comments, last by Mike.Popoloski 15 years, 8 months ago
After figuring some things out and looking over several files I decided to continue with xna with some projects and liked it because some of the tutorials focused on system.net and alternatives mainly because I did not want to use the live system. After getting it up and running I wanted to know more about system.net. Do you have any recommendations about resources other than the msdn library on system.net (Books,tutorials,ect). The reason I did not post this in the networking section because there questions seemed much more complex and I did not want to send someones question to the bottom who had one more legitimate than this one which is the basics. Thanks
Advertisement
What do you want to know? As far as I know, there aren't any books written specifically for the networking stuff in .NET, and tutorials are almost always worthless. Do you know about sockets and how they work? If so, using System.Net should be a breeze. If not, start reading the documentation, do a few searches on Google to get some examples, and then post more specific questions on here for anything you still don't get.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement