• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

meshconvert corrupting mesh data

This topic is 3459 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using meshconvert for a file that I exported from Softimage XSI (using the directx export embedded in softimage), with the command meshconvert /o mysdk.sdkmesh myxfile.x Straightforward, it finishes, no errors or warnings. Then, to minimize possibility of any error, I opened up Tutorial09.sln from the direct3d10 SDK samples, and all I did was: change the call to create mesh from file "tiny.sdkmesh" to "mysdk.sdkmesh", and add the sdkmesh+textures to the appropriate folder. My mesh shows up, but polygons are missing and textures are appearing in the wrong areas. So first question: Are there more parameters that need to be altered when loading a different sdkmesh? The source appeared to have nothing specific to tiny.sdkmesh, but then again I am quite new to direct3d 10 I then did the same thing with the x file--opened up Tutorial06.sln from direct3d samples (so directx 9), copied the same files over and changed the example tiger.x in the source to myxfile.x. The result--no problems whatsoever, all the polygons were there and textures were in the right places. However, it is absolutely imperative that we use the mesh in dx10. Is this a resolvable issue with meshconvert.exe, or should I try another alternative? If the latter is true, what alternatives do I have to get a mesh from softimage XSI to work in d3d10?

Advertisement
I'm not into DirectX 10 but the "tiny" example is an animated mesh. XSI doesn't export animated meshes to x-files.

Thank you, but my x file has no animation, just a mesh with textures (4 different textures and only one subset).

edit: and in the directx export option in XSI 6, there is a checkbox for exporting animation, so I guess it actually does support it now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement