Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WarAmp

Color mixing hell.

In my small test engine, I currently playing around with lighting techniques, and I decided to do an experiment. All my textures in the world are just greyscale images, where each pixel represents the amount of light reflected. (black = no reflection, white = 100% reflection) to light a surface, I draw a polygon of whatever color over top of the texture. My question is this: what type of blending function should I use? (OpenGL) I was using glBlendFunc(GL_ZERO, GL_SRC_COLOR) because that should multiply the luminance pixel by the color of the light, and it works if I only have 1 light in the scene. If I have more than 1 light, say a red, green, and blue light, all I get is black... Can anyone help me out? I would really appreciate it. /************************************** * Hookt on Fonix relly werked fer mee! * WarAmp ***************************************/

Guest Anonymous Poster
try mixing red,green and blue light using "additive alpha blending" method and then you mix it with the texturized polygons later.