I need help with beginning C++ game development.

Started by
4 comments, last by brent_w 15 years, 8 months ago
Does anyone know any good websites or books that are great for beginning C++ game development, as of right now I know a descent amount of C++ and I would like to start learning how to make some more simple games like Tetris, Pong, Breakout, or some card games. If any of you know any good places to start, I would greatly appreciate it.
-----------------------------------------"With the mind, anything is possible"
Advertisement
Personally I have used these tutorials years ago. I really liked them although the coding style is not that awesome.
Try these also.
Quote:Original post by hlsl
Personally I have used these tutorials years ago. I really liked them although the coding style is not that awesome.
Try these also.

Thanks man, SDL sounds like a good way to get my feet wet in game programming with C++.
If you need any help or want to chat with some programmers (beginners to experts) you should add this contact in msn: mgroup104430@hotmail.com
Its an msn group chat contact which allows multiple users to talk to each other at the same time all the time. We currently have 8 people in it and everyone is very active.
If you need any help or want to chat with some programmers (beginners to experts) you should add this contact in msn: mgroup104430@hotmail.com
Its an msn group chat contact which allows multiple users to talk to each other at the same time all the time. We currently have 8 people in it and everyone is very active.

Alright man, I'll look into it sometime if I need some help.
C++ for Dummies (The 6 books in 1 version) <-- I love this book.
It is excellent for beginners yet still has some depth to it, it explains things clearly, and it is not a pain to read!

edit:

I'm bad at reading, I missed the word "game" in your request.
If you already have C++ knowledge and just want to learn game programming itself, then you should probably ignore my suggestion. It has nothing to do with game programming. >.<

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement