Refresh rate probs in windowed mode (!)

Started by
-1 comments, last by MadKeithV 22 years, 10 months ago
Because of a performance problem in a highly-graphical app that I''ve been working on in my day-job, I''ve been getting my feet wet with DirectX (7 for the moment). I''ve never had much problems with it when I used to use it, and we''ve used DirectDraw in the project with no problems. However, when it comes to creating a windowed app that uses Direct3D, I get the following weird behaviour: Setting anything but a software-emulation mode causes the refreshrate to drop to 50 or 60Hz! This is VERY annoying and headache-inducing. I''m running it on a GeForce2 GTS, and my standard desktop is running at 75Hz. Starting up the (windowed!) app, causes it to drop lower immediately when the Direct3D device is created. I thought windowed apps COULDN''T change the refresh rate, this is puzzling me. Has anyone seen/solved this problem? People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel. Mad Keith the V.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement