Sign in to follow this  
Robo-Link

Help with a .bat?

Okay, so I am trying to get a bat file to run my java game since I can't get it into a working .jar, and I am looking for other ways to release it anyway. But I have no idea how a .bat works. So far, I got this: set PATH=%PATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\bin java -cp protoShipXWR098.class It spits an error, but I can't read it because the cmd window disapears too fast. Anyone know whats going on? or how I can pause the window?

I don't know the answer, but I can offer a suggestion. Put a pause in the .bat file so that you can see the error message, and then tell us what the error is, so we can give you a more educated answer.

set PATH=%PATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\bin
java -cp protoShipXWR098.class
pause

The -cp flag is used to define the classpath - that is to say, where Java will look for the named source file. The next word after '-cp' will be used as that path. So right now, it's trying to use your .class file name as a path name, and doesn't have a name for the class to run.

Try
java -cp . protoShipXWR098.class
. Note the dot; this indicates to use the current folder for the class path. (And then, of course, the .class name, not being preceded by any flag, is interpreted as the main class to run.)

The java.exe wants the class name, not the file name of it, so you will have to call "java protoShipXWR098", not "java protoShipXWR098.class" !

Okay, my friend said she got just a "press any key to continue" screen after running this as run.bat
java -cp protoship
pause

Here's my games beta with that file. If someone can use it to figure out whats wrong, please do so.

http://rapidshare.com/files/141184493/ps2a3.zip.html

You passed a "-cp" option which means it expects the CLASSPATH to follow that option. In your case it interprets "protoship" as classpath and then doesn't run anything. Here's what it should be

java protoship
pause

Also class names are case sensitive. So make sure you type the name of the class "protoship" as it appears in your code.