[.net] .NET 2D Vector-graphics library?

Started by
4 comments, last by Wardyahh 15 years, 8 months ago
Can someone recommend a good 2D graphics library (preferably hardware-accelerated) as an alternative to GDI+? I need much of the same vector-based functionality, including specifying line caps, and fill textures (/ brushes) too. It's not specifically a games-related question, but after no luck on the MSDN C# forum, I figured this would be a better place to ask. :) One alternative I've found is the .NET C# port of Antigrain Geometry, but I want to know my options. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
No replies? :(

I've read up a lot on OpenVG which sounds ideal. However, I don't know if there is a .NET version available, or the steps I'd need to take to ensure it works in C#.

Any pointers? Please? :)
Quote:Original post by Arfman
No replies? :(

Could just be no one knows of any. I have seen this same question asked a few times, but don't remember ever seeing any decent answer.

Doesn't SilverLight use vector-based rendering? If so, would that work for you? Keep in mind I have never used it and don't know a whole lot about it. I only really know about it from Machaira mentioning it a few hundred times. ;)
NetGore - Open source multiplayer RPG engine
Does WPF fit your needs? AFAIK, it's supposed to replace GDI+ in Windows and is hardware accelerated.
OpenVG looks pretty cool. Right now, the only 2D vector stuff I'm doing in C# is Tao.OpenGL+Rsvg+Gdk (which is cross-platform). It seems to work fairly well, I did it for my start of the 4E6 contest, but ran out of time (and steam) before I could really polish it. But, it does work.
I was a looking into this as well, couldnt find anything suitable for what i wanted so i'm creating an svg parser for .net but alas, its a long process and not nearly ready for use. hope you find what you're looking for.

if you do....let us know :)
--------------------------------------EvilMonkeySoft Blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement