Sign in to follow this  

I need a Good free 2d or 3d mmorpg game engine for people with no scripting or coding

This topic is 3409 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to find a good free 2d or 3d MMorpg Engine for people who dont know anything about scripting or coding. Kinda like drag and drop or maybe somethign a little more difficult. Something kinda like realm crafter but free, or a 2d platform scroller mmorpg maker. and i dont want to have to set it up on apache server or anythign like that. i just wanna start the client and start making.

For such a complex type of game..theres going to be SOME work.

Perhaps try Game Maker, its free and is drag and drop. I dont know about its MMO capabilities but you have to start somewhere.

Sorry if I sound harsh (especially seeing that I don't have the answers that you're looking for). This thread just needs a bit of reality injected into it. Personally, I'd suggest trying to make a non-online RPG first, and either recruit some technical people or learn some technical skills and find some cash before dabbling with an MMO.
Quote:
Original post by Xtramayo
I need to find a good free 2d or 3d MMorpg Engine for people who dont know anything about scripting or coding. Kinda like drag and drop or maybe somethign a little more difficult.
Keep in mind that MMO's are generally the most challenging and expensive genre of games to make. Even big companies have a hard time completing MMO projects.
Quote:
Something kinda like realm crafter but free, or a 2d platform scroller mmorpg maker.
Given the technical expertise required to make an MMO, realm crafter sounds like a bargain at only $100.
Quote:
and i dont want to have to set it up on apache server or anythign like that.
Eventually you're going to need a server, which will cost money to run. You can't play an MMO without a server to connect to.

There is no such engine, and probably never will be. To make a MMO, you have to have "Massive", and to have "Massive", you have to have something that a lot of others enjoy playing more than all the alternatives. If making an awesome game was so easy, everyone would be be making them. In result, there would be a bunch of cookie-cutter games, and they would no longer be special.

This topic is 3409 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.