I need a Good free 2d or 3d mmorpg game engine for people with no scripting or coding

Started by
2 comments, last by Spodi 15 years, 8 months ago
I need to find a good free 2d or 3d MMorpg Engine for people who dont know anything about scripting or coding. Kinda like drag and drop or maybe somethign a little more difficult. Something kinda like realm crafter but free, or a 2d platform scroller mmorpg maker. and i dont want to have to set it up on apache server or anythign like that. i just wanna start the client and start making.
Advertisement
For such a complex type of game..theres going to be SOME work.

Perhaps try Game Maker, its free and is drag and drop. I dont know about its MMO capabilities but you have to start somewhere.
Sorry if I sound harsh (especially seeing that I don't have the answers that you're looking for). This thread just needs a bit of reality injected into it. Personally, I'd suggest trying to make a non-online RPG first, and either recruit some technical people or learn some technical skills and find some cash before dabbling with an MMO.
Quote:Original post by Xtramayo
I need to find a good free 2d or 3d MMorpg Engine for people who dont know anything about scripting or coding. Kinda like drag and drop or maybe somethign a little more difficult.
Keep in mind that MMO's are generally the most challenging and expensive genre of games to make. Even big companies have a hard time completing MMO projects.
Quote:Something kinda like realm crafter but free, or a 2d platform scroller mmorpg maker.
Given the technical expertise required to make an MMO, realm crafter sounds like a bargain at only $100.
Quote: and i dont want to have to set it up on apache server or anythign like that.
Eventually you're going to need a server, which will cost money to run. You can't play an MMO without a server to connect to.
There is no such engine, and probably never will be. To make a MMO, you have to have "Massive", and to have "Massive", you have to have something that a lot of others enjoy playing more than all the alternatives. If making an awesome game was so easy, everyone would be be making them. In result, there would be a bunch of cookie-cutter games, and they would no longer be special.
NetGore - Open source multiplayer RPG engine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement