alut framework?

Started by
5 comments, last by scarypajamas 15 years, 8 months ago
I'm trying to port my alut/openal app to mac and I can't find the alut.framework anywhere. I checked the openal website, but it seems to have gone under a renovation, and I can't find anything there. I've googled dozens of times, but with no luck. I need the alut source or an already pre-built alut.framework for xcode 2.5. Could someone show me where I could get it?
Advertisement
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the nature of ALUT (open AL utility kit). Don’t you download the source to it, and compile it for mac if you want it to run on that platform?

I’m requesting the source to it because I can’t find it on the net anywhere. I used to see it on the OpenAl website all the time, but then there website seems to have gone under a renovation...and now I can’t find it.

If I want to use ALUT on mac, should I just use the alut.h header I’m using for my windows project? Is there a framework or is it just the header?

Could someone elaborate?
Is there really any reason for you to be using it? It's been deprecated (and subsequently phased out) because the only useful code in it can be easily replicated if you're willing to spend a few minutes on it. If you need any help writing the necessary code to replace it, I'm sure somebody'll help you out with it.
Mmm thanks Gorax for the reply. Yeah. I'm finding that out now (that ALUT's been deprecated) as I browse over the net.

I think there's enough examples in the OpenAL sdk to get me started, though. The SDK examples don't rely on ALUT, as I've seen, yet.
Quote:Original post by scarypajamas
I need the alut source or an already pre-built alut.framework for xcode 2.5. Could someone show me where I could get it?
Given the way that frameworks are typically packaged, if alut is inlcuded, it will be rolled into the OpenAL framework, with the header at <OpenAL/alut.h>.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Check out this link for some (crappy) code I wrote that'd be some what similar to the ALUT stuff.
Hey! Thanks Gorax for the code! A lot of the OpenAL examples in the SDK seem messy to me and that code snippet you have is pretty simple.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement