Sign in to follow this  
Liort

XNA Beginner - Pool Game

Hello all! I'm a beginner and as a personal project i'd like to create a pool game in XNA. This is actually my first project in XNA (and in general!). Right now i'm in the process of thinking about how the initial design of the game will be. a. Do you know if there is already an XNA pool game available? (with source code) so i can learn from it. b. Tell me what you think about my design idea (fairy primitive so far): Game1.cs - main class, "running" the show. Ball.cs - represents a ball (with position, speed, size, etc).. Stick.cs - represents the stick (again position, speed, etc..) some general library for handling audio, input , camera.. I'm not sure what else will be needed? i thought about some sort of Table object to be the table state at any point, or some BallManager to handle all collisions between balls and so on. Anyone has any tips or pointers at this stage? Thanks Lior

Tips? Dive in.

For a game that size, it looks like you have thought about it for long enough, and the best way to learn is to learn from your mistakes. So go for it and see what you can do.

If this is your first project, I'd suggest getting just one part of it working satisfactorily. For instance, draw the table and make sure you're getting what you want.

Add another object, say a pool ball. Give it an initial speed and direction and get the physics for it working the way you want. Does it appear to roll the way you want? Does it interact with the bumpers the way you want?

You're going to be working through interactions between the ball and the table, the que stick and the ball, one ball with another ball.. any of which may have errors or physics that aren't quite the way you want them.

One step at a time.