Sign in to follow this  

ch 10 isometric game programming CTileSet

This topic is 3409 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently reading Ernest Pazera's Isometric Game Programming with Direct X 7.0 (fantastic book btw) and reached chapter 10 regarding managing tilesets. However, I am not using direct X and I was curious if a similar one existed for SDL.

A similar what? You could certainly use his template idea in SDL and port his tileset class if that's what you mean. I don't believe either DirectX or SDL have prerolled solution for tileset management.

for other wishing to reply
http://books.google.com has the book scanned in you want to see the chapter in question. Just search in title in Google and follow the books link for it at the top.

Sorry, my question was a little vague. I was just curious if anyone has already written the CTileSet class using SDL.

I am aware that I can rewrite it myself, but I'd rather concentrate my efforts elsewhere if one already exists.

For those who have not read the book, it's the class that loads and parses the tilesets based on specific pixel values.

Quote:
Original post by ryjax
Sorry, my question was a little vague. I was just curious if anyone has already written the CTileSet class using SDL.

I am aware that I can rewrite it myself, but I'd rather concentrate my efforts elsewhere if one already exists.

For those who have not read the book, it's the class that loads and parses the tilesets based on specific pixel values.

no problem. Sorry, I personally am not aware of a pre-existing one you could use.

This topic is 3409 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.