C++?

Started by
3 comments, last by Captain P 15 years, 8 months ago
does anybody know of a C++ capable engine that can port to xna? This si really important so any info will do. Thanks
Advertisement
I dunno about XNA, but try Dev C++. It seems really good to use, and comes with a compiler and some other things.
From what I understand XNA is C# only. So no, you aren't going to find a C++ engine for XNA.
There are some references to managed C++/CLI stuff with XNA...However I suspect that this results in more pain than it's worth.

Quote:try Dev C++

better still, try Code::Blocks or the free MS Visual Studio Express Editions. From what I read and personal experience they are leaps and bounds over DevCpp
umm, port a c++ engine xna? i'm not an expert, but from what i know xna is managed code, so no pure c++, so you will have to write the whole engine from scratch (and i doubt this is what you want). The only engine i now that has xna-support is torque (garagegames.com).
do you need xna for xbox compatibility?

devc++, codeblocks or vs express are no engines, this are ide's (Integrated Development Environments) -there to let you write code easier :-)
'C++ capable engine that can port to XNA' sounds rather cryptic. What are your requirements exactly? What kind of engine are you looking for, anyway?
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement