• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
riruilo

OpenGL Some questions about physics engines, I need your opinion

This topic is 3601 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi dudes! I'm creating my own engine using OpenGL and c++ (maybe I will use openscenegraph, but at the moment I am using my own scene graph because I want to learn something) and I would like to integrate a physics engine (because is a bit hard do it yoursefl) After reading a bit, I think these ones are available (perhaps there are ) newton havok ode aegia bullet Tokamak others... which one may use the power of my quad core processor (i.e. multithreading or multiprocessor)? which one can be integrated with COLLADA (I guess all of them, but I'm not sure about this question)? as far as I know, performance is very important in these engine, which one should I consider or reject because of that? When you use a physics library, who has to manage basic colisions, the library or my own scenegraph? By the way, I have no idea about physics engines, so maybe some of my questions have no sense. Thank you. Ricardo.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!