Sign in to follow this  

Skeletal Animation

This topic is 3410 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

With the exception of .X(which I can't find a good exporter for), MD5(which is problematic) and COLLADA(which is XML, yuck), is there any other good file format which supports skeletal animation(and has a good blender export script?)

I have been using Cal3d

The animation blending is really smooth and it can deal with attaching multiple meshes to a skeleton. does pretty much all the work for you except for the rendering because it tries to not be API specific but there are plenty of examples and resources to get going.

The 3ds Max Exporter is pretty stable (when you get used to what you need to do after a few crashes) the Maya exporter didn't work and I think i remember seeing a blender one but don't use blender

I checked out Cal3D. It seems a bit too intrusive for my likings. Its not like I can just load bone data into a few preset structures. I have to modify my file format and the way i do materials too. I don't like it. Any other suggestions?

You can try with dotXSI, but you will need to use SoftImage XSI. The good part is that it has an API to detect and load the objects.

Maybe FBX, also has an API and is more popular.

Luck!
Guimo

This topic is 3410 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.