Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need some help with installing DelphiX...

This topic is 6032 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I just recently decided to make the switch from DOS real mode (QuickBasic and Assembler) to Windows. I already had Delphi 4 since it''s freeware and decided to find out if DirectX could be used with it. On a page (http://www.lkcc.org/hetero) I saw a package deling with DelphiX and downloaded it. Everything works fine with this version (oldy for DX5 - I have DX7 installed). When I searched for a newer version I found this site (turbo) and downloded the most recently DelphiX version - along with UnDelphiX. But the new DelphiX version won''t work! I install it via the delphi_4.exe and it returns a ''successfully installed'' message, but when I try to run the examples there''s errors. My configuration; Pentium MMX 233MHz, 32mb RAM, 300mb free HD, DirectX v7, Delphi 4 (got it from a magazine CD) and Windows 95. AM TMB Productions

Remove the old DelphiX directory, and then remove the DelphiX "package" from the your active Delphi packages.

You''ll know you''re done when the icons dissapear from the VCL bar...

[ Michael Wilson | turbo sys-op | turbo.gamedev.net ]