Sign in to follow this  
raptorus

DX questions

Hi can you please answer these two questions : 1- In visual studio 2005, what's the process of Generating class diagram from source code ? 2- In DX 9.0c how can i make an ambient light moving with the camera (like a torch), so that every part of the model will be clearly visible ? 1000 thanxx

Your 1 is not DX related, but maybe someone will know the answer. You might want to try another forum, though.

Regarding 2, an ambient light is a global light which adds the same amount of light to everything. What you're talking about it a point light (or, if you want something more like a torch, i.e., with a limited area of illumination, a spotlight. To make it follow the camera, set the light's position to the camera's position, and if you're using a spotlight, set its direction to the viewing direction.

1 - Unsure if you're talking about a visual type of diagram. I believe you could go to the menu and click View -> Class View (default shortcut is Ctrl + Shift + C) That will either popup a big window or a small view in your Solution Explorer pane that will let you visually browse the classes, although it won't be a true 'diagram'.

2 - You would have to create an ambient light with a radius (which is technically a point light). Try to create a point light in this fashion and then remove the code to generate shadows or culling and that should be basically what you need.

1. To create a class diagram, right click on the project in the solution explorer and pick "View Class Diagram". This only works on C# and VB.Net projects, I don't think there's a visual class diagram built in for C++.

2. See the previous replies, sounds like you want a point light and not an ambient light.