• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenericBum

D3DX and Microsoft .NET

This topic is 6279 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been "playing" with DirectX since version 6, and I have lately spent a lot of time working with the beginings of 3D engine in Version 8 and 8b. I am more than pleased with the 8b library, however, much of my intial development has been in Visual Basic 6.0 and I''d like to flesh out my classes a bit more in a more object-oriented language. Since I''m also a beta tester for Microsoft''s Visual Studio 7, I tried converting my project into C# or VB7 and found that everything came across EXCEPT the Math Library functions like D3DXVEC3ROTATE() etc. I''ve scoured the DxVBLibA in Object Explorer, and I cannot seem to find these helper functions anywhere. I find this odd, since the rest of D3DX is accessable just fine. Anyone else try playing around with D3DX and .NET? Should give up and shift to C++ 6.0? Generic Bum

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!