Game complexity and Net users

Started by
11 comments, last by ID Merlin 15 years, 8 months ago
Great to see you are so eager to take these suggestions to heart.
I'll have to give your game a try when I get some time.

There was one in particular I had just seen when I made the comment, let me go look it up for you.

Edit:
Actually, it seems I was looking at some very old posts from before you dealt with the issue. I hadn't realized the site had been around that long.

I guess I should pay more attention. :-D

Edit Again:
I had another thought on your retention problem.
Just speaking from my own personal habits.

When I play a browser based game it's usually a 1 time affair.
Unless something really strikes me about a browser game I've come across, I'm unlikely to even remember what it was called the next day.

So, if there are a lot of people out there like me, browser based games may not exactly be a high-retention market ... so to speak.

[Edited by - brent_w on August 16, 2008 7:12:45 PM]
Advertisement
I seem to be having troubles with your game.
Every time I attempt to click on "Aragon" to take my turn I get stuck with a loading message indefinitely.

Additionally ... I don't really understand what I'm going with the other parts of the game ... it doesn't really explain how to buy units & such to the uninitiated user.
brent_w, do you use a browser that has script debugging, or can you tell what is going wrong? (And, AO is tested only with IE and Firefox, so others may have lots of problems with the &#106avascript and ajax used throughout the game.)

Explanations might be another question. If there is too much on the screen, it gets overly cluttered and confusing. And there is a very large, comprehensive, (not quite finished) help file, but nobody will read that. I know I wouldn't.

Also, update: Changed the default skin to the less-ugly one. I don't know why I didn't do that before. I reduced the size of the logo, which was causing the width problem on the main page. And I reorganized the page somewhat, so there is less clutter.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement