Help Please

Started by
25 comments, last by Cambo_frog 15 years, 8 months ago
I have made a small game and uploaded it onto my website fine. And people have been able to download it no problems. But i uploaded a new version and people havnt' been able to download it, this message comes up ;- "cannot find the specified file. make sure the path and filename are correct" Any ideas folks. Other info - i have written it in C++ , borland compiler. The latest changes i made was to add sound effects. The program STILL runs on my PC, even if i download it from the website. I have tryed to comment out all of the recent changes i made and still no luck.
Advertisement
None of those changes you made will have any effect on people's ability to download it from the website.

Clearly you uploaded it to the wrong location: hence the very clear error message it gives stating exactly that.
ok ... but what does that mean. sorry im abit of a noob when it comes to these things. How do i fix the problem?
It means "upload it again and make sure you know where it is and try downloading it from another computer to make sure it works"

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

iv tryed about 10 times now and its still not working.
What is the path to the file on your server? What is the path to the file in the download link?

How is it that you were able to figure out how to write a game in C++, etc., but don't understand file paths?
umm because im not sure how, I would be really grateful if someone could spell it out for me please.

At the moment someone clicks on the button link which is linked to a file which then downloads the program.

any help

anyone?
Quote:Original post by Twinsen LBA
umm because im not sure how, I would be really grateful if someone could spell it out for me please.

At the moment someone clicks on the button link which is linked to a file which then downloads the program.

any help

Just give us a link to the page that contains the "button link" and we can look at the source html and possibly determine the problem.

For the love of god, please tell me that you've just omitted your error checking code for brevity, and you don't really assume that all those functions succeed.
okey dokes.

http://www.viperdream.com/#/programmes/4530352911

Its the ball shot game.

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement