C++ API

Started by
3 comments, last by devnul 22 years, 10 months ago
How do I declare Win32 APIs in C++? I mean what do so that I can use an API function?
========================
Tip: If you do not want to receive this notification, click the Options link on the top horizontal menu bar. On the Options page, click the Preferences link. Scroll down to the Confirm Sent Messagesoption and select No .
Advertisement
Include the header file? Add the static library to your project?

What do you want to do? Maybe you''ll get more useful (and better informed) replies if you say.
You know how in VB you declare an API such as PtInRect and then you can use it in your program? How do I do that in C++?
========================
Tip: If you do not want to receive this notification, click the Options link on the top horizontal menu bar. On the Options page, click the Preferences link. Scroll down to the Confirm Sent Messagesoption and select No .
  #include <windows.h>  

That''ll get you most of the Win32 API functions.
Then you just call the function you want...

I still hate html

I you want to get at an undocumented api call, then you need to use LoadLibrary and hook up to the appro. .dll yourself.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
thanks
========================

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement