DirectX10 SetAttributeData command is not Working...

Started by
14 comments, last by EmptyVoid 15 years, 8 months ago
I can't find anything on the web I'm completely lost... The only thing I found was this but no one has replied to his thread... Please if anyone has gotten GenerateAdjacencyAndPointReps to work please tell me.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight club
Advertisement
Out of the 200 or so people who viewed this I know one of you must know whats wrong... One of you must have tried to use the GenerateAdjacencyAndPointReps or attribute buffer or even Optimize.
Quote:Original post by EmptyVoid
Quote:Original post by 84r
Check the return values of the functions. Each function returns an HRESULT value that can help you to identify the problem.

if (FAILED(mesh->GenerateAdjacency...))
{
// something is wrong
}

or

HRESULT hr = mesh->GenerateAdjacency...

Compare hr to the "Direct3D 10 Return Codes" you find in the documentation. Probably a function before Optimize fails to succeed. Also try to call CommitToDevice before GenerateAdjacency.

I tried to calling CommitToDevice before GenerateAdjacency but it didn't do anything and GenerateAdjacencyAndPointReps is failing but I have no idea why, so I'm going to link the full source code and hope someone can figure it out:

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

Well, you haven't really given us any idea either. Help us to help you. How is it failing? Is it crashing, blue-screening, or returning a failed error code? What is the return HRESULT? What do the debug runtimes say?
NextWar: The Quest for Earth available now for Windows Phone 7.
Quote:Original post by Sc4Freak
Quote:Original post by EmptyVoid
Quote:Original post by 84r
Check the return values of the functions. Each function returns an HRESULT value that can help you to identify the problem.

if (FAILED(mesh->GenerateAdjacency...))
{
// something is wrong
}

or

HRESULT hr = mesh->GenerateAdjacency...

Compare hr to the "Direct3D 10 Return Codes" you find in the documentation. Probably a function before Optimize fails to succeed. Also try to call CommitToDevice before GenerateAdjacency.

I tried to calling CommitToDevice before GenerateAdjacency but it didn't do anything and GenerateAdjacencyAndPointReps is failing but I have no idea why, so I'm going to link the full source code and hope someone can figure it out:

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

Well, you haven't really given us any idea either. Help us to help you. How is it failing? Is it crashing, blue-screening, or returning a failed error code? What is the return HRESULT? What do the debug runtimes say?

The program continues as if nothing was wrong. There is no debug output and HRESULT returns "E_FAIL". I have no idea whats going on...
GenerateAdjacencyAndPointReps problem fixed (working code at the top of the thread) but now whats wrong with SetAttributeData?

[Edited by - EmptyVoid on August 18, 2008 8:21:19 PM]
OK some reason it works now after I just use the attributes from my mesh file. Not sure why but I'm just going to pretend I know why it's working now and before it didn't...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement