Brett Porter's Skeletal Animation tutorial

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 15 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone. I've been following up on NeHe's Lesson #31 on Milkshape 3D Model loading and rendering, written by Brett Porter. After finishing that up, I went to look for Brett's missing Milkshape 3D Skeletal Animation tutorial. The tutorial isn't on NeHe, so I looked for Brett's website (rsn.gamedev.net). The website is down, methinks for several years now. But the Internet Web Archive has a back up of it - http://web.archive.org/web/20010408222059/http://rsn.gamedev.net/tutorials/ms3danim.asp However, the tutorial is using some modified source files & classes from PortalLib3D: Matrix, Vector, Quaternion, Timer and Win32Timer. A link to download the tutorial's source code is at the bottom of the page (Both MSVS6 and SDL/Linux versions). However, the links are broken, probably because the site is down. I've tried googling it, asking friends, forums, and even downloading PortalLib3D source code - I couldn't find the classes' or source files anywhere. Does anybody know where these might just be found? Thanks. P.S. This thread was originally posted on NeHe's forum, but I think it should be more appropriate in here. If there's any need to delete the other one, i will. [Edited by - Orestes on August 17, 2008 4:17:08 PM]
Advertisement
Hello,

I've just finished implementing skeletal animation. I wanted to use that tutorial too, but I couldn't find it. However, I found a really good code sample here.
This is also a good reference.

These two resources combined should provide you with enough information to successfully program an anymation system. If you have any further questions regarding this topic: feel free to ask. My implementation already works, so I must have done something right ;)

Jeroen
Thanks.

Will use it.

Anybody else got something useful that will help me on skeletal animation?

If you have something which is implementation specific (like rendering Milkshape3D or Blender models' skeletal animation) could be very helpful. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement