• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

My First 2D Art Creation

This topic is 3565 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, I have pretty much no 2D art experience so I am not sure if this counts as 2D, 2.5D, or 3D so I'm going to need some supported opinions on my work. It's not great, but it's good for a first try I believe. This is a picture of well, most likely a fantasy-style medieval knight wearing red armour. I made it using Paint Shop Pro 8 and it took me about 30-45 minutes to finish. Hope someone likes it, :) Photobucket (Note: It's not a transparent background, just white. :P) P.S. Can someone tell me if this is 2D, 2.5D, or 3D? I would really like to know myself because it is a hard guess for me. :/

Advertisement
That's 2D, a 2.5D image, or Isometric as it is otherwise known is at an angled perspective, giving it a half 3D look. 3D refer's to Modeled images like these.

That said i'd say its not bad for a first try. You should consider checking out Pixeljoint, they can offer better criticism, tutorials, and advice to help you improve (if 2D is actually what your after that is).

Edit: You could also try looking at Pixelation as well.

[Edited by - Gyrthok on August 17, 2008 6:41:18 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!