Can someone do me a favor? (requires 3DSMax)

Started by
5 comments, last by Moe 22 years, 10 months ago
I have a model that I made in the demo of milkshape 3d and I saved it as the .asc (3D Studio max ascii file format, I think), and I need it converted to the .3ds extension so I can convert it to a .x file. I was wondering if some kind person could please do this for me (if it is possible). If so, just kindly post your e-mail address if you are willing to help.
Advertisement
3DStudio (at least as of version 3.1) doesn''t have an .asc importer. You can export, but not import. I''m sure you can find a utility that can convert from .asc to other formats (like .3ds or .x or whatever you want)

War Worlds - A 3D Real-Time Strategy game in development.
Yeah, I have the utility that is supposed to convert it from .asc to .x but it says I have invalid material types.

I don't suppose someone could do some simple modeling for me? It would involve 1 model made of probably under 200 polys, depending on how complex you want to make it.

Can the program that comes with the DirectX 8 SDK convert Lightwave (.lwo) models to .x files?

Edited by - Moe on June 7, 2001 11:52:56 AM
Why don''t you reset the demo time of MilkShape
I found a tool which supports all 3D Files you can imagine.
http://www.stmuc.com\thbaier

I guess it''s a demo, but maybe you will find the key. Then please give it to me.
CU
Yeah, I think I will end up using the Milkshape format. I managed to let the school people let me put the demo of Milkshape on at school. That and the new NeXe tutorial will be useful.
I''m sorry, but that''s incorrect.

The correct answer to your question is XDSoft.

Thank you, come again!
void *post;

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement