• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

explodingrabbit

Locking DirectDraw 7 surfaces

This topic is 6256 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m having a problem, you see when I try to lock a DirectDraw 7 surface in the program I''m writing, the program just abruptly terminates. Even outside the debugger - no return value or crash or anything. I''m using Visual C++, and I think I''ve seen this problem before when using other compilers, but I have never solved it. Please help!

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Have u coded an unlock function after the lock function?

Thanks for your reply. I realized that the code was working, but to come to the conclusion that the Lock function was causing the program to terminate, I put a breakpoint just after the surface is locked but not after the surface is unlocked - I just realized that this is a no-no because you can''t use a debugger while a surface is locked. I tested for the unlock instead and it appears to be taking place. So I guess there''s a bug somewhere else in my code !

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!