Error spawning 'cl.exe'

Started by
5 comments, last by YellowShadow 15 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys I'm trying to compile an old Visual C++ 6.0 project that I converted into Visual C++ Express 2008. I compiled it fine using the 2003 version of DX9SDK but I want to use the newest one so I converted the project file to Visual Studio Express 2008. I get this error when I try to compile the project. Error spawning 'cl.exe' Here is my full build log
Quote: 1>------ Build started: Project: D3D_MapEditorPlusGold, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>Compiling... 1>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'. 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Dro\Desktop\RTSSource\D3D_MapEditorPlusGold\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>D3D_MapEditorPlusGold - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Any ideas on how I can fix this?
-----------------I develop games :)
Advertisement
Try Rebuild All / Clean Solution.
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
Try Rebuild All / Clean Solution.

Still the same thing
Something may be wrong with your VS installation. Do you know where everything is installed to? Can you run cl.exe manually from the command line?
Quote:Original post by Zahlman
Something may be wrong with your VS installation. Do you know where everything is installed to? Can you run cl.exe manually from the command line?

Yup

Straight from google. I'm sure you've already searched, but incase you haven't:

" This error may come from a path structure not welcomed by vc.
Check that your path is clean (eg. no "-" in path names)."
"I'd rather know one thing, no matter how ordinary, than discourse endlessly on great issues." -- Galileo
Edit: It works now for some reason that is unknown :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement