Sign in to follow this  
BlitzHitz

C++ or Blitz3D

I know alot of people say Blitz3D stinks but it's actually very good.Right now I'm using Blitz3D.When I'm done with it I'll move onto C++ if you guys think i should.In opinion I think i should but I want some more advise.Anyway this is my very first post.Hope everyone has a good day.

Well I don't know anything about Blitz3D, but I think commonly the answer to these types of questions is typically, "What works for you and your project." If your game is within the scope that it can be written in Blitz3D, then by all means keep it there. If you never intend to do professional development then you'd have no reason to move on to C++. However, if you have aspirations of being a professional game developer you'll almost certainly have to move into the C++ realm sooner or later. The most important thing is to keep moving. If you get too frustrated on a project because you're trying to learn the language at the same time, then it can be very trying. You should definitely learn C++ independently of actually trying to code a game with it. Once you've got a good handle on things then you can start trying to tackle a project. Then you can be where I'm at.. frustrated with your chosen graphics library rather than your chosen language ;).

You've got the right idea, stick with what you know until you're finished what you want to do. This way you'll get more done wasting less time so stick with Blitz3D for now.