Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help a newbie plz :)

This topic is 6035 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello all, i totally new to game coding (but i have some programming knowledge in C/C++ and some asm). I would like to know if there are some good tutorials (easy so ;p) that can help me to start ? (btw, i want to code games in windows and not dos mode). I would like tutorials more on theory about games than coding it coz i really have no idea on how to code say an asteroid (my project for when i will know a little more is to code a RPG but there again, i got no clues on how to make NPC knows what to say in different part of the game ...) help would be really appreciated thx in advance, Cya all.

There are many excellent tutorials of the type you''re describing in the resources section of this site. For more specific questions, the forums are a great resource. I would start with the Start Here on the main page and then do a little looking around to familiarize yourself with the Gamedev.net resource and tutorial sections.

-fel

I recommend looking at the Hands On interActive Tutorial from the Message Board, lots of things in there to help. Other than that i have learned a lot just by reading the threads that people have posted.

"There is humor in everything depending on which prespective you look from."