Sign in to follow this  
jackdbunny

Does anyone use D3DXMatrixTransformation2D??

This is sort of related to my other post in the forum. When searching for people with similar difficulties to mine I've found VERY few results with regards to the D3DXMatrixTransformation2D method. Does anyone use this? I thought it was a very simple way to create a transformation matrix for use with the ID3DXSprite interface. I was just wondering if there was a reason it wasn't being mentioned much. Is it so easy to use that I'm just really dense (or are my problems unrelated to it)? Or does it have inherent problems that might be triggering my difficulties ( namely blurry motion, and frame skipping)? What methods has anyone else used for 2d animation (as in translation, not frame animation)? Thanks for your help!

I used to use it when I made games with the ID3DXSprite interface, and I always recommend it to anybody who doesn't seem to know about it. It's very convenient for working in 2D. Perhaps most beginners just don't know about it, since they'd have to go digging through the D3DX math functions to find it.