New to GameDev

Started by
2 comments, last by Darkrider0318 15 years, 8 months ago
Just wanted to say hey to everyone and enjoy reading everyones insight. Starting classes in Game design at Westwood college online. Worked on a few programs back in the C64 days for my own development. Finally coming over to the darkside. Worked on a few areas with some books in VB 5.0 and Some Directx programming, not real familiar with it jsut getting my feet wet. So hopefully in the future I can give some good input and help out , and appreciate any insight one can give on getting started with game design. I have been to the site and probed (wow an ugly word) around to take in some of the lingo and help with understanding. hope to hear from anyone, DR0318
Darkrider
Advertisement
Welcome to the site DR! I learn something new every time I browse the forums, so you're certainly not alone. :)
GameDeveloperTools.comA comprehensive library of game development resources.
Welcome to GameDev! Seems like you know what GameDev is all about (as if the name didn't give it away...), so I hope you can find everything you're looking for! The community here is great, as I'm sure you'll find.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Thanks to all for the invite. Glad to hear from anyone. I do have a question if anyone has used a WYSIWYG system such as Gamestudios, 3DS max, etc. And if they have had any success, I tooled around with gamemaker for a while but nothing other then point and click projects only a minor set of coding... anything of good consequence out there besides all the hype I read from the manufacturer?
Darkrider

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement