Sign in to follow this  
Ntvu

Windowing API Similar to Win32 API

Ntvu    100
Do you guys know of any API that can be used for C/C++ and possibly another language? I'm looking for an API like the Win32 API except maybe slightly easier, that can be used to make windows applications in C/C++. If you do know of any, please tell me. What would be really great (but is not necessary) is if the API's support multiple languages and operating systems, especially Linux. I also will need some low level support for things but I don't want creating a window and setting up a simple dialog box (with interactive features) to be as complicated as it is with the Win32 API. By the way, I have heard that the Win32 API is only for Windows, but it can be ported to Linux using Wine. Is this correct? Thanks.

gan    166
Quote:

By the way, I have heard that the Win32 API is only for Windows, but it can be ported to Linux using Wine. Is this correct?

Thanks.

what kind of thing you'd like to achieve first? If you think RAD for C plus plus; Winforms using Managed C plus plus seems not bad, if purely for WIndows (forget about MONO, the future is uncertainty)?