My capacitor fell off.

Started by
20 comments, last by Mithrandir 15 years, 7 months ago
So I decided to upgrade my motherboard, ram, and processor. I have a GeForce 7800 GT which should be good for a few more years, plenty of hard drives, psu, etc. I ordered all my parts from newegg, waited eagerly, and today they are here! So the first thing I do is crack open my old case to take out the 7800, and as I'm blowing some dust out of the fan, my capacitor falls off. I didn't touch it, bump it, or even blow on it. It literally just fell off. I'm livid. [Edited by - Funkymunky on August 25, 2008 5:03:27 PM]
Advertisement
Solder it back on?
does that risk damaging the motherboard?
Yeah, if you can't wut it back on, can't you request a RMA for it? If you didn't really bump it or anything, might it not have been loose before?

Where was that cat located? Near the connector, near the external powersupply or just a random place?
Most likely the card will work without the capacitor.

It's probably a noise reducer put on to meet FCC.

[Edited by - reltham on August 25, 2008 5:53:48 PM]
i dunno, its a BFG Tech GeForce 7800 GT OC, and it runs pretty hot. None of the capacitors look swollen, but many of the contacts on the board have yellowed as if from burn damage. The thing literally just dropped off the board, so I'm concerned that even if I solder it back on, another one will decide to jump ship and spike my new mobo.

*edit* I really like my long dog. hard.
I'm very confused. Sounds like someone may have taken a bit too long a puff on his SPACE PIPE.
Quote:Original post by FluxCapacitor
I'm very confused. Sounds like someone may have taken a bit too long a puff on his SPACE PIPE.

^ his capacitor fell off too.

Replace your graphics card.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

o_O
--m_nPostCount++
oh so it was you then, Hard Cat? Now we must Kung Fu Fight.

i decided to just buy a new one, this was good me, I'm hard.

*edit* hard as I am, stop changing my posts.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement