Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantasy Edge

GDnet Art show: post it all here again

there were a lot of posts in the last 2 threads pretaining to art in the gdnet forums. I am starting it up again as some really dope shit came out of these threads. rules are simple, thumbnails are cool but keep the posts to a link or something. www.geocities.com/conshape_millennium/intrographic.jpg www.geocities.com/execlanhome/alexchan.jpg I hope you guys enjoy this and maybe the forms will fill up just as fast as they always do.
I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts Millennium ED

Redwyrm Online

so, is it a correct assumtion that people are not into this right now?
thats ok im probably milking the success a bit here so hey.

that is just fine.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Redwyrm Online

Here is a Manga drawing I did yesterday... it is too big to be shown here so click on this link (it needs some moments to be loaded, ca. 70kb)

First it was b/w, I edited the image in Photoshop and colored it.
The original drawing is quite small, so the face isn''t that detailed, I''m sorry...

Oh, and I still need a name for her

Pretty cool. Where did you learn to draw? Are you planning on going to Digipen or somewhere where they specifically teach computer art?

(Perhaps in a few weeks I will get something up here, but I am really quite busy with school at the moment.)

no, im not going to digipen. im going to CDIS in richmond. its close to home, my girlfriend and i get some bitchin stuff in it too.

honestly, computer art is just a little thing i do for fun. im much more interested in real hand drawn and painted art. the comp is often used as the brush for this but i much prefere the pencil.. it reacts better than any comp can and you have to admit, having that tactile contact with real art is just .. well, its different.

most of the art in Vedic mirage will be cg like donkey kong country but all the menu, box art and instuction manual art will be hand sketched. most of the still screens will also be done this way.

Redwyrm Online

HI !

i am going to drop my stuff here to!

the first two drawings are done purely in photoshop (with this MiniTutorial 3, which was posted in this msgboard)

the others are some sketches i did some times before(in manga style). i've got a scanner, so i could scan them in!

and i really like to now what you think of these arts, PLEASE

cg-art1
cg-art2
'Magefist' My DnD Character
'Out of Psy' a manga i started to think of
another sketch-page of 'Out of Psy'
My RPG-Character of the game "Vampires" (not the pc-game)

/* spelling */

Edited by - LittleTaz on June 14, 2001 1:35:33 PM

well, i would like to go to cdis. I have friends there taking recording arts and audio media. thats good stuff. but i really dont know too much about the schools. digipen seems interesting enough but im already having to get a bank loan to go... last thing i need is a bigger one...
im a broke ass so school is sort of out for now as far as im concerned. besides, im not sure if i have the skills to meet entrance.

Redwyrm Online

Check out my online portfolio and tell me what you think. Thnx
(come to think about it, this is my first post on this forums since I registered long ago xPPP)
online portfolio

Edited by - nl on June 21, 2001 8:04:05 AM

Wow, I bow down to NL. I like your style--it''s like urban anime.

I guess I''ll throw my hat into the ring. These are splash page images, or as I''d like to think of them, post cards. I really don''t draw anymore, just design.

card1: For a programming group. Found them on Gamedev.
card2: For my personal site.

BTW, I can assume NL is your initials right? Cuz my "company" initials are also NL (Nation Leprechaun) and it''s VERY prominent on almost everything I do.

Jinushaun

jinushaun- Thnx ^^ Yes, NL are my initials. BTW, you''ve got nice CG going on there. I like specially the second pic.

I''d like to post more on this forums, but they are really slow (when I say really I do mean really; more considering i''ve got DSL). Does it happen the same to the rest of you or it''s just me??

You guys put my crappy drawing to shame.

It was just a little something that resulted from doodling in french class. I never finished it, like most of my other small drawings. Its just a regular ball point pen on the back of a page of notes.

That''s because it''s hard to write decent "How to Draw" articles. It would be cool if someone did some tutorials on how to use specific software though (Photoshop, PSP, 3DS, Maya, etc)

quote:
Originally posted by Khawk
Wow, cool stuff here. You know, we''re lacking in the Arts department for articles and tutorials...anyone interested should email writers@gamedev.net.

Hehe, you really can''t teach that stuff. Most are born with it. However, I agree with Impossible, tutorials/articles on using software is better. Don''t look at me--give me PSP over Photoshop any day. I can''t use all the potential of PS for the life of me.

Tutorials on 3DS/Maya/Lightwave would be very nice.

I''ve always want to know how to color in PS (like those anime artists do). I have this anime how-to-color book, but it''s it Japanese. How about an articl/tutorial on the whole process: draw, scan, clean, and color. Just the coloring techniques alone astound me.

Remember kids, contrary to what Nike may want you to believe: It''s NOT the shoes on the athlete, but the athlete wearing the shoes.

Jinushaun

It''d be interesting to have this kind of tutorials around here, grouped toghether, instead of scattered through different sites; but they ought to be real good in order to beat other them.
For example, anyone check out Polykarbon and tell me if he''s able to surpass the quality of the tutorials there. It features really good how-to-draw tutorials and teaches how to use some programs like photoshop to color in the comic kind of way.
I also think that in GDnet the tutorials should be better aimed at game development, such as skin painting, 3D modeling. Sure you know what I mean.
I think it''s interesting to have step by step program specific tutorials as much as general ones, that can be adapted by the reader to his particular needs, programs, etc.

Hey everyone nice to see that we have a new forum to post art in. They did a great job with this site the forums seem to load faster on my poky old 56k modem . Well here’s something for you art lovers and those of you who just like to look at art. I saw this movie in the previews when I went to see Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Good movie I must say, Angelina Jolie did a great job. The movie is Final Fantasy the links that I found are here.

http://aolsearch.aol.com/redir.adp?appname=TTF&query=final%2520fantasy&areaid=mv0407y006x&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2efinalfantasy%2ecom%2f

http://www.moviefone.com/features/feature.adp?id=988998968%2c0&uid=5613

When I saw the first image here I was blown away by the graphics, this first picture here is great I almost thought that was a real person until I cleaned my glasses and checked the rest of the pictures. Man, I didn’t know that software could create such realistic art. So what do you all think, think it’ll be a great movie? Just like Tomb Raider it's PG-13...

Seems these people that make movies are starting to come up with the idea of making movies off of top selling/classical games Super Mario Brothers, remember that one, and others now Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy. Have fun reading about the movies, checking the links out and watching the preview(s).

Oh the link to the tomb raider website is

http://www.tombraidermovie.com/

Edited by - Blade Runner on June 23, 2001 1:15:47 PM

I wouldn''t mind doing a Photoshop tricks article, or an anime style coloring tutorial (I guess I have decent skills.) What do people want, it''ll probably go on badcontent.net, but maybe I''ll just send it to gamedev (why not both? )