Final Fantasy Tactics?

Started by
26 comments, last by TheRonin 22 years, 9 months ago
There already creating a Final Fantasy Tactics clone game Maker (think RPGmaker2K) using C++.

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=20051&topic=944996
Thats the Gamefaqs FFTactics message board, topic is Tactics Maker.

Balbanes -- Heavenly Knight -- Ultima Warrior

Living true to your heart is the warriors way...
Balbanes -- Heavenly Knight -- Ultima WarriorLiving true to your heart is the warriors way...
Advertisement
To Balbanes:
Have you guys already made up some code or are there just 'ideas'? This Message Board Thread (MBT) from which you doest speak, seems not to be a good place for such a great project. Are you one of the developer of that 'Tactics Maker' Project? Why is there no sensible website?

*grrrrrr*

Btw here is a screenshot from what i had done so far:

Edited by - Jonus on July 11, 2001 4:25:32 PM
Wow cool screenshot. You made that all by yourself?? wow!

Naw im not a game developer, so im not working on it. Nor am I affiliated with them in any way.

Ya see, they made that message so they could get a idea of what things people wanted in Tactics Maker. So far, everything there doing (its a team of 4 college dudes) seems very proffesional. I guess they have started coding now cause they stopped asking for more ideas.

These guys just started a few weeks ago, so lets give them a break. Since they just started they havent had time to create a website yet, but im sure theyll make one soon. But I still would like some proof that they are working on the code...

Im a hardcore FFtactics fan, so thats why I really want to see Tactics Maker complete!

Balbanes -- Heavenly Knight -- Ultima WarriorLiving true to your heart is the warriors way...
quote:Original post by Balbanes
Wow cool screenshot. You made that all by yourself?? wow!
Yeah i did this all by my self, thanks . Its arround my 1000st try to programm FFT. After that i come up to the point where i should make my 'game design' and then my 'class design'.
D3D is only the 'frontend'.

quote:
Naw im not a game developer, so im not working on it. Nor am I affiliated with them in any way.

Ya see, they made that message so they could get a idea of what things people wanted in Tactics Maker. So far, everything there doing (its a team of 4 college dudes) seems very proffesional. I guess they have started coding now cause they stopped asking for more ideas.

These guys just started a few weeks ago, so lets give them a break. Since they just started they havent had time to create a website yet, but im sure theyll make one soon. But I still would like some proof that they are working on the code...

Im a hardcore FFtactics fan, so thats why I really want to see Tactics Maker complete!
Yes me too :D.

quote:Living true to your heart is the warriors way...
Balbanes says this to Ramza before he dies - right?

Edited by - Jonus on July 12, 2001 4:03:59 AM
correct!! :D

RPS (or SRPG) is my favarite gametype. FFT and TO both need an Online Multiplayer Mode - well Hoshigami doesn''t have one either. Warsong (or Lungrisser or Langrisser) is also one of my favorite games.

Right now i am trying to design a game that mixes up FFT&WS, but most are just ideas and not much coded yet. The whole ''design document'' isn''t finished either. And later a Online mode should be implemented. Chock from Crowsoft and i will finish this game someday (btw go there to see a picure of our FFT engine) - it''s closed source.
If you like TBS games like FFT, you should check out FrontMission:3 for the PSX.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
If you like TBS games like FFT, you should check out FrontMission:3 for the PSX.
I have this game since day one (and even its predecessor FM1).

Frontmission is good on the equip-you-to-death side, the map and the battles looks very nice too.

BUT the different characters lack in uniqueness (this is one of the things i hate most) and the overall battle system is bad (too few possible things to do). FFT/WS have both much better story, better character development, ATS(only FFT) and more strategical depth (just to name a few things). Do not forget this is JUST my opinion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement