Final Fantasy Tactics?

Started by
26 comments, last by TheRonin 22 years, 9 months ago
Hello, I have been wondering; would any of you consider Final fantasy tactics or Tactics ogre Isometric Engines? I have been planing to make a game like FFT and TO and was woundering what kind engine it is. Also I was wondering if I should use OpenGL? I want to have cool fog and weather effects, or are there better ones? Direct X 8 prehaps? One finds life through conquering the fear of death within one''''s mind. Empty the mind of all forms of attachment, make a go-for-broke charge and conquer the opponent with one decisive slash. - Togo Shigekata.
One finds life through conquering the fear of death within one''s mind. Empty the mind of all forms of attachment, make a go-for-broke charge and conquer the opponent with one decisive slash. - Togo Shigekata.
Advertisement
Hi,
I don''t think you should you ANYTHING being related to an isometric tile engine. You fare better with OGL oder DX8. Go
to http://nehe.gamedev.net for support on OGL...
Hi,
I don''t think you should you ANYTHING being related to an isometric tile engine. You fare better with OGL oder DX8. Go
to http://nehe.gamedev.net for support on OGL...
Yes, I consider. In fact, I am in the design stage of a similar game. And yes, I''m using OpenGL. But what ultimately will define everything is your skill, not the api you''re using.

Gaiomard Dragon
-===(UDIC)===-
Gaiomard Dragon-===(UDIC)===-
Yeah, it really doesn''t matter on which API you use really... some might take a LOAD of work of your back, but it all really comes down to the skills.

-Brin
-AfroFire is Brin & Brin is AfroFire
Thank you very much for your comments.

One finds life through conquering the fear of death within one''''s mind. Empty the mind of all forms of attachment, make a go-for-broke charge and conquer the opponent with one decisive slash. - Togo Shigekata.
One finds life through conquering the fear of death within one''s mind. Empty the mind of all forms of attachment, make a go-for-broke charge and conquer the opponent with one decisive slash. - Togo Shigekata.
As i remember it, FFT (its for playstation, right?) is 3d - with a ISO-perspective and "feel" (for better or worse...)

It''s not an overly atractive game if you ask me.

But im pretty sure the suroundings are polys and the characters are Sprites.

=======================
Game project(s):
www.fiend.cjb.net
=======================Game project(s):www.fiend.cjb.net
Oh yes I can''t wait for you to do that. Man I''m a fan of both Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre and one day plan to make my own RPG. For API I think you should use what your better at. I like both DirectX and OpenGl and usually make my programs to support both. I was wondering for your game are you going to make some kind of tool to allow making maps easier? Man I''m doing that right know with MFC and DX8 and it''s a real pain. Good luck on you game and I''m cheering you on.

Tactics Oger: "Let Us Cling Together!"
FFT : "Don''t Blame Us Blame Yourself or God."
Which side are you on?
Not sure yet. We are currently in the planning phase(well actually, we have begun to do some work on the programming and the graphics bit) It depends on if we decide if the editors we make are user friendly or not.

One finds life through conquering the fear of death within one''''s mind. Empty the mind of all forms of attachment, make a go-for-broke charge and conquer the opponent with one decisive slash. - Togo Shigekata.
Most Iso kind of game in the PSX uses 3D engine with 2D sprites.
They have 8 diffrent sprites facing at diffrent directions according to the camera rotation.
But basicly its a 3D game. The House/Trees are all 3D modeled.
Help me with my Isometric OpenGL engine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement