• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zerosignull

Quake123 .bsp, what is a face ?...

This topic is 6224 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The question i would like answered is this. ive spent days finding out how to extract edges for the faces from a quake 2 .bsp file. Now the question is.. What are those faces supposed to represent? IE a triangle strip?, a triangle, a polygon or somthing else???!! plz help me!!! Also if its something else plz could u tell me how to contruct polys from the Something else, or point me to some web site that can thnx Zsnl, .. ~prevail by daring to fail~

Advertisement
A Face is a Triangle... or any polygon that''s coplanar... Atleast that''s what I understand as a "Face"..

cya,
Phil

Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states

I have never use bsp 2 but in quake 3, I think it''s fans.

I give some piece of code on how I make it, This is how i fill the index buffer. I have allready an vertex buffer that is fill with all the vertex in the bsp.

// Loop for each face

// dwi is the index is the location in the index buffer in wich we are writting the current index

for( i=0; i < bsp.face_count ; i++)
{
// We generate (number of vertex -2) triangles

for( int j=1; j < m_pBackObj->bsp.faces[i].vert_count -1; j++)
{
// Always taking the origin (we are making fan)

pVertices[dwi] = m_pBackObj->bsp.faces[i].vert_start;
dwi++;
pVertices[dwi] = m_pBackObj->bsp.faces[i].vert_start + j;
dwi++;
pVertices[dwi] = m_pBackObj->bsp.faces[i].vert_start + j +1;
dwi++;

}
}

In Q3 bsp there is some meshes too. They are composed of triangles.

Why English rules?? C pas très malin tout ça!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!