Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Windows-Linux alliance

This topic is 6036 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Microsoft should invest money and resources in Linux because: 1.Windows will benefit from the stability of the Linux OS. 2.Linux security will improve *if* Microsoft can part with its Windows NT security source. 3.There will be a standard for OS''s and people can be free from problems of OS migration and excessive and costly upgradation. All this will become reality if: 1.Linux free software movement remains *free*. 2.Open source movement is not choked by Microsoft''s commercial instincts. 3.Microsoft is truly willing to part with its precious code. How and when Microsoft does such a thing is uncertain,to be frank.

quote:
Original post by techno

3.There will be a standard for OS''s and people can be free from
problems of OS migration and excessive and costly upgradation.

Uh...I''m not even going to take a serious part in this discussion but I sense a problem here; You forgot about Macintosh, BeOS, all BSD flavours and virtually all the other uncies or unix like operating systems (Sun OS, Solaris, IRIX etc.)

Besides, there''s already a standard OS today, at least I''d like to claim so, and it''s Windows. This applies of course only to the desktop market and not for servers and computer farms.

"This album was written, recorded and edited at Gröndal, Stockholm in the year of 2000. At this point in time money still ruled the world. Capitalistic thoughts were wide spread. From the sky filled with the fumes of a billionarie''s cigar to the deepest abyss drenched in nuclear waste. A rich kid was a happy kid, oh..dirty, filthy times. Let this be a reminder."
- Fireside, taken from back of the Elite album