Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[RFC] COM/DirectX 8.0 Article

This topic is 6036 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, I''m posting a message to ask for feedback on an article-idea that I''m playing with. I''m currently tinkering with DirectX 8.0, and applying my existing knowledge of MFC, VC++, ATL and COM to it. Would there be an interest in an article like this? Here are the topics I''d try to cover: - Hiding the nasty details of COM in DirectX so you don''t have to worry about them. - Initialising DirectX in windowed mode, with MFC, without hassles. - Using DirectX Graphics for elementary 2D - How to colour-key in DirectX Graphics and get transparancy for free. - Anything else that I come across while writing my test-program and article. Please reply if you''re interested/not interested in the article, with comments and requests for additions. Don''t spam the thread, because I''m being notified by e-mail if someone replies, and I don''t want a mailbox full of messages that don''t pertain to the topic . Thanks for the response in advance! People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel. Mad Keith the V.

I''m definitely interested...I''m in the process of trying to learn DX8 and I can use all the articles I can get, since NeXe''s a little slow. Especially the part about doing 2D with it, since I''m still trying to figure that out, and I don''t have any DirectDraw experience (apparently, I picked the wrong time to start DX).