where to find source code

Started by
2 comments, last by eric_bo24 22 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I''m practicing my c++ and wondering where some good places are to get source code. I want to see how others do it, especially the experts. That should help speed up the learning process. Thanks to anyone who can help...
eric b
Advertisement
If you want to see how the experts do it, I suggest you check out the Guru of the Week site. This site contains many tips on C++ programming in the form of questions and answers that have been posted on the comp.lang.c++.moderated newsgroup. From this material, two books have been published, _Exceptional C++_ and _More Exceptional C++_, both by Herb Sutter. These books are very highly recommended.

Another good source is C/C++ Users Journal Website, or more specifically the C++ Experts Forum of that site.

The C++ FAQ Lite (see sig) is also a source, as are the comp.lang.c++ and comp.std.c++ newsgroups.

The above mentioned material can be somewhat advanced if you''re just starting with C++. In that case, I recommend a good book, such as _C++ Primer_ 3rd edition by Stanley Lippman.

If you want to know about the C++ Standard Library, there''s only one good book: _The C++ Standard Library Tutorial and Reference_ by Nicolai Josuttis.

HTH

Some useful C++ links:
Free multiplatform ANSI C++ Standard Library implementation
Visual C++ STL fixes
Visual C++ 6.0 noncompliance issues
C++ FAQ Lite
freshmeat.net

just search for anything you want to have code on ...
open source (there isn''t to much closed software in there...trust me ) software at it''s best

"This album was written, recorded and edited at Gröndal, Stockholm in the year of 2000. At this point in time money still ruled the world. Capitalistic thoughts were wide spread. From the sky filled with the fumes of a billionarie''s cigar to the deepest abyss drenched in nuclear waste. A rich kid was a happy kid, oh..dirty, filthy times. Let this be a reminder."
- Fireside, taken from back of the Elite album
Thanks guys, that helped a bunch!
eric b

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement