• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caffeineaddict

OpenGL Help with OpenGL

This topic is 6245 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just got interested in OpenGL, I have the Dev-C++ compiler, I can''t seem to figure out how to include the OpenGL library files. I looked and the linker is pointing to the right folder so I don''t know why it doesn''t work, if anyone knows please help. Also I have the Borland 5.02 compiler, would this compiler be sufficient for compiling OpenGL programs or is not very good? I will probably be getting away from Dev-C++ now because it is too buggy in my opinion. Well please respond.

Advertisement
DevC++ isn''t buggy, as it''s an IDE. It''s compiler works fine also. The part that IS buggy are some of the headers that come with it. The known bugs are tiny, and easily fixed.

I think (in DevC++) you add these to the linker options to link with the OpenGL libraries: -lGL -lGLU. It''s been a while, so I can''t remember off the top of my head. Also, you should add "#define CDS_FULLSCREEN 4" to winuser.h, if you haven''t already (that''s one of the most often encountered bugs in its headers).

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://druidgames.cjb.net/ (If my website isn''t down, it''s a miracle!)

Im using MSVC and to include the OpenGL library files you go:

Project-> Project Settings-> Link

then in the "Object/Library Modules"-textbox you add:
"opengl32.lib glaux.lib glu32.lib"

the lib files need to bee in your standard lib-directory
e.g. "C:\Program\DevStudio\vc\lib"
or else you must specify where.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!