Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's this control called (Win32)?

This topic is 6029 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m interested in making a little tool for myself using the Win32 API (or MFC, I haven''t decided yet, but that isn''t the point), and part of the interface needs a certain control, but darned if I can think of what it''s called! It''s the one you see in Napster''s Search dialog, or in the inbox in Outlook Express (2 examples off the top of my head) where it shows a listbox, but you can click on various fields at the top of the listbox, and it is resorted according to that field. Know what I mean? (Terrible ASCII art follows)
----------------------------
|Choice 1|Choice 2|Choice 3|
----------------------------
Another item  X     Y
Another item  Z     A
And when you click one of the choices, the list resorts in ascending or descending order. Anyone know what the heck this is called? Anthracks

You''re thinking of the ListView control. It''s the control used by Explorer for the icon views. Most programs don''t make use of the Large Icon, Small Icon or List modes, instead only using the Details mode (which is what you want.)

War Worlds - A 3D Real-Time Strategy game in development.