Common bug(s) in PhysX, Havok and Bullet SOLVED! - fixed timesteps/maxSubStep

Started by
23 comments, last by ApochPiQ 15 years, 7 months ago
VizOne,

>>"So, you quote Galilei..."

- man, you say the darndest things i would never dare to even think..
im not faulting your logic here, so i guess i do need to explain what i meant

on all that what you said,
i just wanted to say: -"To be honest, it moves"

you can go on live your whole life thinking the earth is flat if you like, its not "important" information if you don't care about it, but if you use it in your line of work.. there was no point in arguing if you were not interested enough to pursue the matter for your own interests

my 1st association on possible interpretation was to Homer Simpson's comment on religion: -"..and all they ask for is a little bit of blind fate"
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halifax2,

>>"Sorry, but I have to throw my $0.02 into the bin."

- its most welcome

>>"..it is not his job to promote your work."

- true,
i only wanted him to make it clear, so i would not get more of those messages, which you can see i did get right after.. of course, who could blame him not being aware that Intel and nVidia could let something like this slip by

Intel & nVidia still silent.. i feel this was everyone elses job(work) but mine, i felt i did someones job without even being paid for that and then i had to chase them and beg them to even listen to me, its like im running after you to give you $100 and you poke me in the eye every time i get close, saying "its a fake" without even looking at it - yes, its insane

its not "my work",
this has nothing to do with PROMOTING, its in a form: like it? - take it!
im not working on any commercial games, i dont need to worry if my sales will be low because of some bugs in physics library.. i just found something and thought i should let 'you' know, where 'you' is everyone in the business of real-time simulation / games.

>>"And it appears as though you did a great job of chopping up his post to make it appear as though he was just attacking you."

- yes, i apologize,
the reason is that i lost it, i simply went crazy.. i gave up so many times - should i believe my two eyes or everyone else telling me "you not getting a point" - i came back every time, a bit more tired, but a much more crazier..

that was anything but personal,
at least he went out to talk and tried to compromise without being fully aware of the situation, but again, who could blame him.. that message was intended for Bullet, nVidia, Intel and ODE, but i could not get them to even say anything sensible at all

why they were/are not saying anything - i did/do not know, my best guess was that it has to do something with IP/copyright, so about the time when i got half-crazy i put that copyright note to "test" the reaction.. "test results" were amazing - conclusion: unclear

so, even if i wasnt crazy, which i was, i would most certainly be by now.. its a simple human mechanism that can protect you from the reality... rainbows and lollipops
(the problem is in turning it off)

thank you,
and thanks for pointing all that out

/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
btw,
im not sure if i read this somewhere or was i dreaming of it, but i think that in "scientific" or maybe even any other discussion there is no need to say things like:
-"Please consider this post constructive criticism. No offense intended"
-"Basically, the jist of my constructive criticism.."

i believe every criticism is constructive as long as you state your reasoning or otherwise show the logic of your conclusion, i even believe you can go as far and say that im stupid as long as you can explain it or at least try to reason your opinion with some arguments

i also think i read somewhere that, in the discussion, you should state all your opinions as if they were absolute truth, even tho you doubt it all yourself - the "i think" is always assumed, and not really necessary to repeat all the time as in practice it indeed can not be nothing more but one persons opinion..

ahm ...have i told you about that time,
when i made the best Operating System in the world?

http://www.geocities.com/ze_aks/myos.html

[Edited by - abaraba1 on September 17, 2008 11:18:27 PM]
Advertisement
in case it turns out that public forums are not really a best way to go about confirming this,
i have only one question:

>>"..write a paper about it and have it reviewed."

- where/who can review it?

/--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..in all my craziness, let me wonder for a second about all those crazy web-sites that claim perpetual-motion-machines, anti-gravity, water-for-fuel ..maybe even aliens and all that crazy stuff

surely if it was really real,
*someone* would have see to it that its tested, confirmed OR proven as hoax.. it would be impossible that all those crazy people would go on raving mad on their crazy web-sites and that no one would - at least - check it out

it really bugs me now,
why cant we, humans, make all that stuff, that is of such great importance, more clear?

[Edited by - abaraba1 on September 18, 2008 7:23:15 AM]
Quote:you are my 1st normal human contact with the "world community" and i've been trying to discuss this for over a month during which i've been met with strong resistance and disapproval, i've been told nothing but how i "do not understand" and "not getting the point"... i've been banned from public forums merely for asking a questions and trying to figure this thing out ..then, after that - complete silence?!

I'd like to jump in and give a quick comment on this snippet. A possible reason not many people respond is that you're posts are largely illegible. There is no formatting whatsoever. Please compare you're posts to the ones by Dim_Yimma_H and grhodes_at_work.

Their posts have:
- Paragraphs.
- Full sentences, starting with capitals and ending with full stops (.)
- Dim_Yimma_H posts have quotes (see here
These items help to guide the eye and to split different subjects. In your posts is almost impossible to see where one thing stops and the next thing starts.

To be fair, your intial post wasn't too bad, but would have benefitted from and/or [ source ] tags.
you did not really read anything, did you?
- you may know karate, but i know crazy..

0.)
so, you quote all that and describe it as - "not many people respond"?

1.)
please explain how any of those reasons prevented you to read 5 lines long algorithm and say something about it?

2.)
please explain how any of those reasons prevented you to copy/paste code, to test it and to report your findings?

3.)
if you do not use fixed time steps and this matter does not concern you, then you dont really need to be here in this thread,
if yes - how does this algorithm work for you?

4.)
why say something that was already said and not even attempt answering any questions.. is your point that i was banned from forums because i didnt use tags?

..will this ever stop?!
where all these teenagers come from, go away with your tags,
im not gonna be finding these bugs every week so that i need to learn how to guide your blind eyes

sorry about the tags.. i was drunk

[Edited by - abaraba1 on September 18, 2008 9:05:09 AM]
At the request of the forum moderator, I've reviewed this thread and personally do not find it worth continuing.

I don't feel qualified personally to remark on the technical aspects of the idea being discussed, although I think that has been adequately covered by the other participants in the thread.

Instead, I'd like to focus on presentation. abaraba1, your posts (as noted by rick_appleton) are very difficult to read. One of the first things you need to realize about proposing ideas to other people is that presentation is critical. Good presentation makes all the difference between people ignoring your input and paying attention to it. Posting while drunk, for example, is generally frowned upon and doesn't do you any favours.

Proper spelling and grammar are important, even if you do not feel that they are. Capitalisation and punctuation are critical for helping people want to read your post. Sure, omitting them doesn't prevent anyone from reading the post, but it sure makes people not want to read it. Poorly written text is difficult and time-consuming to read. If you aren't willing to take the time to write neatly and cleanly, then why should anyone else be willing to take the time to muddle through your posts?

Similarly, code/source tags are important as well. They make it easy and convenient to copy/paste code and test it out. Although you are correct that it is still possible to do so without proper tagging, it's a pain.

For better or worse, people are powerfully impacted by presentation. You may well find your ideas getting much better reception if you take the effort to present them in a succinct, correct, and professional manner. This includes writing a formal paper as has been suggested to you previously. (There are many places to submit such papers; a little bit of research can find several candidates for you, or you are free to ask where to publish it in a forum such as this one.)

Finally, to be perfectly clear, your ideas are welcome here - with the caveat that you are expected to present them clearly, and discuss them politely, even in the face of criticism and disagreement.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement