Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CD3DFile problem

This topic is 6622 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I also had this problem the first time so i think this should help you out:

Use D3DTextr_RestoreAllTextures() after you load the x file and D3DTextr_InvalidateAllTextures() before your program quits. You find the function prototypes in the d3dtextr.h file and you have to link to d3dframe.lib. Hope this helps you out.

P.S.: It's possible that the function names i wrote are not correct because i don't know all of them by heart. D3DTextr_ResoreAllTextures() can also be D3DTextr_RestoreAllSurfaces(). But this is the way to go.

VirtualNext

I've been trying the CD3DFile object which comes with the DirectX7 SDK samples when I ran into a little problem with textures. I can load a model and display it just fine, but for some reason it doesn't show the texture. I have the texture in the same directory as the model, so I don't believe that is the problem. Has anyone encountered this? If so, do you know how to fix it?

BTW, yes, the object does support textures. I looked at the code for it and it loads in the textures and sets them up to display, so that isn't the problem either.

--TheGoop